The Value of Safety
- To accept that you will have injuries is to accept that it’s OK to hurt people.
- The Safety Goal for Chemical Products Corporation is to achieve Zero Reportable Accidents.
- Just as having accidents becomes a way of life, not having accidents becomes a way of life, when you believe Safety is a Value and Zero is Attainable.
- 15 second Rule – Stop and think about what could happen if you do what you are fixing to do.
- Safe Production is a value that must never be compromised.
- To accomplish Zero we must have Safety Aware Leadership, from the Board Room to the Shift, and through word and example all employees will know that we care about them.
- We will reinforce this attitude with weekly, monthly and quarterly safety and communication meetings, training and reviews
CPC - Safety Process
The management of Chemical Products Corporation sincerely believes that all jobs, to be done properly, must be done in the safest manner possible. We have set a target of building a Positive, Safe and Productive work environment. All Accidents are preventable and Safety is simply following the correct procedure, no short cuts. Every procedure should be Safe, Productive, and Cost Efficient. Safe Quality Production is what we are trying to achieve.
- Set the example for others to follow.
- Not look the other way when an unsafe practice or condition exists.
- Strive to achieve a safe, productive and efficient atmosphere without creating a sense of extreme competition.
- Not perform unsafe acts, create unsafe conditions or disregard sound safety practices or procedures.
- Not allow peer pressure to compromise my safety principles.
- Not sacrifice safety to expedite a task.
- Practice good housekeeping when performing each task I am assigned.
- Not hurry to overcome my lack of planning and preparation.
Asking me to overlook an unsafe practice, safety violation, or unsafe condition would be asking me to compromise my entire attitude towards the value of my life and yours.
Compliance with our Safety Process and Safety Procedures is one way of accomplishing this attainable goal. Our safety process has been developed with the intent of preventing non injury accidents and injuries, and this safety process applies to all employees, regardless of their position in the Company.